history

For generations now, the name of Hermida has been closely linked to the world of olive growing and the production of extra virgin olive oil.

Our company is located in the town of Esquivias, in the Spanish province of Toledo, a region that enjoys worldwide recognition for the extraordinary quality of its olive oils. The company’s history dates back to 1940, when the grandfather of today’s owners decided to set up an oil press in Esquivias.

The siblings Pedro and Emilia Hermida uphold the same principles that have been passed down from one generation to the next, whereby they strive not only to maintain but also to raise the levels of quality they expect of their extra virgin olive oils.

We have introduced the latest production techniques, while at the same time strictly preserving traditional methods of growing and selection. One of our family’s hallmarks is our perseverance in ensuring that only the finest oils are bottled under our brand names.

From the very beginning, the company’s policy has focused on expanding and improving both its facilities and its products. Hence the reason its average output today is around 500,000 kg of oil. Furthermore, Aceites Hermida, S.L. has recently opened new departments for quality and exports.

firma